Contacts are the customers who have interacted on the business chat window. In this article, you will learn how we categories the contacts and how they work.
There are three types of contacts in our system, which are:
- Guest: Contacts who visit your site without leaving personal detail such as name, email, phone
- Lead: Contacts who interact with your business live chat and leave their information such as name and email or name and phone number.
- Customer: Contacts will become customers when their customer ID from your business's websites or platforms is transferred into the Chative system using our Live chat API
Note: Lead information is stored in their profile. This data can be collected in the live chat identification form at the beginning of the conversation or being updated manually by agents during the conversation.
Contact data is stored in each contact's profile, and you can find it by going to Contacts > click the contact name. Here are four types of data about your users:
- Basic information
- Custom information
- Contact note
Below, we will explain how these data types work and how you can make the most of them.
Basic information is a default set of data we already have about your users and you can use it without asking them again from your customer.
As soon as your customer interacts with your live chat, these are the info that will be captured:
- Name (a person’s full name).
- Customer type (Guest/Lead/Customer)
- ID (Contact ID
- Email (Customer’s or lead’s email address).
- Phone number (Customer’s or lead's phone number).
- Timezone (Customer’s or lead's timezone base on their country)
Custom information is the data you want to know about your customer besides the Basic information we have set up above. This information can be updated manually by agents during the conversation or updated automatically using our automation tools.
You can create the Custom information elements by following these step by steps:
1. Going to the Settings > Contact > Custom fields > Click + Create custom field button
2. Enter the Custom field name and its type of data, and choose the types of data to store the value of the fields in these four data:
- Text: the value is a text.
- Number: the value is arithmetical.
- Date: the value is a date.
- Yes/No: the value is Yes or No.
3. Click Confirm button to save the field
Besides storing customer info in the custom field, you can now also add the data you want in order to track your customers with a range of message types - from bugs to product feedback, their favorite things, to feature requests using our tag feature.
You can create a new tag by going to the Settings > Contact > Tags or add an existing one in the tag section.
Over time, you’ll then gather a great store of valuable information about everything your customers are telling you - and it will all be easily searchable later by filtering those tags.
During the conversation, if you see that there is anything interesting about your customers, and you would like to store them. But you can't find any categories that are suitable for it in the above types, then you can take a small note in each contact detail in the User's Note section.